Friday, May 22, 2015
BUDDIES (Late publish)
During buddies we played a modified version of base ball with tennis rackets and tennis balls. At first my group was a bit confused on the rules so it took us a while to start. I learned to ask more questions if I dont know how to do something, because if I'm confused my buddy will be too. Todays buddy class wasn't our best day, a lot of people including myself were out of it, maybe because some were tired from dance and also the confusion didnt help out situation. Once my Alexis, Gaby, Rhiann and I finally understood the rules the rest of the class went by smoothly. Although for a lot of us it wasn't our most energetic day, I learned to suck it up and just make sure my buddy succedded as best as she could and that she actually learned from me. My buddy has trouble throwing the ball, and I explained to her how to throw underhand. Even though our group had a hard time hitting the ball I tried to encourage them and just making them smile if they made a small mistake. They seemed to really like aiming at my face, because once I put my face as the target they hit and threw better. What I learned was that the little buddies were really good at running, what I like about my buddy is that she doesn't look like she gets frustrated, because she just tries again until she gets it. I know I would definatley be annoyed at myself. As they learn a lot from us I also learn a lot from them. They laugh when I laugh and my mood affects theirs. This game envolved a combination of all the things we have taught our buddies. Working as a team, throwing, aiming etc. My buddy can get really quiet which means the team work of throwing and catching the ball to each other was a bit challenging for her. Neverthless other than a few flaws in the beginning of class, I think my energy wasn't too bad but I also couldve improved.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I like the lesson about trying again you learned from your little buddy. When do you think we all lose that ability to let failure go and keep trying?
ReplyDelete