The buddy program was an awesome expierience, because we got to learn how to be leaders. We taugh them a lot from throwing under hand to skipping and playing games that involved physical skills and mental skills. I have learned a lot about my buddy. My buddy is still pretty shy, but she really has spoken more since I first met my buddy. This got me thinking about other people and how I could make it an awesome class for them. Today we talked about summer plans and what she did on the weekend. We also played hangman and tic tac toe (my buddy won all 4 times). Today I learned that she likes drawing and she thinks math is easy. It was really fun talking to her and Gaby even told our buddy some funny (lame) jokes. Even though she is considered to be a selective mute I think my buddy is really good at answering questions and talking. I think the one thing my buddy and I have in common is that we are both kind of awkward when it comes to meeting new people. It was nice having her, definatley was not a handful and listened very well. Buddies was a nice thing to do for PE because it's so different from what we usually do It taught me a lot about social skills as well, like how to try and carry on a conversation. Now I have an understanding of what being a leader is like and how your mood can change your buddys mood. The big idea I got out of this whole buddy program is that constantly being social with a little kid you hardly know is very difficult, but if you make it fun then your buddy will have fun too. Id love to this again next year.
Here is a link of a short little video and a pic of random stuff we did during the walk to Cambridge and the walk back.
:) this makes me happy.
ReplyDelete